12 July 2021:
We hope you will join us for the Multidisciplinary and Surgical Reconstruction of Charcot Foot and 7th Annual Conference of IADFS, held in collaboration with the King's Diabetic Foot Clinic, 10-11 September 2021
16 December 2020
Luca Dalla Paola, Immediate Past President, has handed over the reigns over the International Association of Diabetic Foot Surgeon to the new Preisdent Venu Kavarthapu.
Watch Luca Dalla Paola's message.
Publication by the Board of the International Association of Diabetic Foot Surgeons
Frykberg, RG, Wukich, DK, Kavarthapu, V, Zgonis, T, Dalla Paola, L, Board of the International Association of Diabetic Foot Surgeons. Surgery for the diabetic foot: A key component of care. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2019;e3251. https://doi.org/10.1002/dmrr.3251
Past news and events
The Multidisciplinary & Surgical Management of the Diabetic Foot
June 22-23, 2020 in London, UK
A two-day focused symposium on the Multidisciplinary & Surgical Management of the Diabetic Foot organised by the King's Diabetes Foot Team.
Organised by Prof. Venu Kavarthapu (ADFS President elect), Prof. Michael Edmonds
Confirmed speakers: Jonathan Valabhji, Luca Dalla Paola (ADFS President), Nicolaas Schaper, Robert Frykberg (ADFS Scientific Officer), Alberto Piaggesi.
ADFS Cadaver Course 2019, 14-15 November
Anatomical and Surgical Dissection of the Foot - The Reconstruction of the Diabetic Foot
The Association of Diabetic Foot Surgeons (ADFS) is organising this year a cadaver course in Padova (Italy) in cooperation with the Plastic Surgery Department and Human Anatomy Institute of the Padova University School of Medicine.
- Renowned teaching faculty
- A comprehensive introduction to the reconstructive approach of the diabetic foot
- True hands-on opportunity to practice
- CME Credits. An application will be made to the UEMS-EACCME® for CME accreditation of this course
Two ADFS workshops and two ADFS symposia during ISDF 2019
On the 8th International Symposium on the Diabetic Foot (ISDF 2019), ADFS Board members will host two workshops and two symposia.
- Symposium: Preventative and Curative Surgery, 22 May, 15:45-17:45
- Symposium: Amputation, 23 May, 15:45-17:45
- Workshop: Treatment of infection and osteomyelitis, 23 May, 14:01-15:15
- Workshop: Surgical Managment of Charcot Foot, 23 May, 14:01-15:15